Where to find the Best Vegan Cakes in Edinburgh!
The days of boring and limited vegan dining in the UK are long gone and being a vegan in Edinburgh doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the city’s vibrant foodie scene – far from it! There are several fantastic independent cafes in Edinburgh who offer delicious vegan options, and more importantly cake. Whether you’re vegan or not we’re sure you’ll love these cakes!
- Where: 16 Grassmarket
- Another gorgeous Old Town property is the lovely West Bow home.
Nestled away in the historic Grassmarket is the vegan and gluten-free cafe, Pumpkin Brown. Pumpkin Brown is extremely passionate about the health benefits of eating well and therefore serve up a range of healthy yet scrumptious food. A few cakes to look out for are their lemon and lavender sponge, raw cheese-less cake, carrot cake, plus more!
- Where: 16 Clifton Terrace
- Visiting Edinburgh? Here’s a great home in Haymarket: West Park Place
Grams made a splash in Edinburgh’s vibrant foodie scene by branding themselves as Edinburgh’s first naked cafe! All their produce is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. The best bit is Grams cakes are made with 100% natural ingredients. Pop in to check out their specials!
If you’d like to find out more about Grams, check out our interview with its owner Lewis here.
- Where: 86 Raeburn Place
- Stockbridge is a great place to stay as it’s full of fabulous places to eat and independent stores: Dean Park Mews.
The Pastry Section is a fairly new addition to Stockbridge’s foodie scene but has quickly become a favourite amongst locals! As well as a fantastic and creative range of cakes, the Pastry Section also create delicious (and Instagram-worthy) vegan cakes.
- Where: 94 Hanover Street
- Fancy staying in Edinburgh’s elegant Georgian New Town, we’re sure you’ll love Northumberland Street South East Lane.
Hendersons opened in 1962 as an outlet for the produce of husband and wife Mac and Janet’s East Lothian Farm and has become an Edinburgh institution! As well as a range of delicious meals, Hendersons also offer scrumptious cakes; including, vegan chocolate nut cake, vegan brownies, vegan carrot cake, plus more!
- Where: 155 West Port
- Old Town is wonderfully charming and a great place to stay when visiting is our Canongate home.
Lovecrumbs is a well-loved local hang out spot, which is also famous for their scrumptious cakes and quirky interior. They aim to create delicious treats for everyone, so they often have delicious vegan options to choose from!
- Where: 167 Bruntsfield Place
- Bruntsfield is a great place to stay when visiting Edinburgh: Our Leamington Terrace home is perfect for discovering the area.
Seeds for the Soul is a recent addition to Bruntsfield! They are passionate about vegan food and their philosophy is to nourish and energise your body so that your mind can be happy and satisfied as well. So next time you’re in Bruntsfield, why not pop in for a cup of locally roasted coffee or an organic cup of tea, and a delicious vegan cake!
Featured Home: London Street
Lovers of interior design will love our London Street home. This very special two bedroom home is located in the heart of Edinburgh’s Georgian New Town.