Would you like a varied, satisfying and interesting job working for Edinburgh’s best short-term letting company Dickins? We’re currently recruiting a capable, committed new member of our Business and Operations team.
This is a new team consisting of two people and is crucial to the success of the business. We were established over 20 years ago and operate from our office on Dundas Street in Edinburgh’s New Town. We have an excellent reputation and pride ourselves on our service, care and high standards.
This role is suited to a multi-tasking team player. It will be rare for two days to feel the same. You’ll be working very closely with our current team member sharing many of the roles and duties. From the Business perspective you’ll create bookings, manage platforms, respond to enquiries, proactively find new customers and nurture relationships with existing ones. The Operations duties will include handovers of new homes with owners, maintenance, inspections, and managing housekeeping and keys. This is not a desk bound job as there will be times each week when you’ll be out and about conducting viewings, inspections, spot checks as well as meeting new customers.
You’re a people person with energy and enthusiasm. You know Edinburgh well and love wonderful homes. You’re positive and confident and have a proven track record of achieving sales. You have the ability, experience and desire to build and nurture long term relationships. You get people. You understand what they need so you can match them with their perfect home from home.
This role requires exacting attention to detail, the ability to stay calm under pressure and great problem-solving skills. There’s no room in our fast paced business for mistakes. On a daily basis you will oversee, prioritise, direct and troubleshoot issues as they happen, so you need to be flexible. You’re proactive and able to work unsupervised. You’ll be dealing with a variety of people, including international guests, so your communication will be adaptable. You’ll be consistently clear and concise. You’ll have the maturity to communicate well with a broad range of personalities. You’ll be a precise detail driven, solution focused person.
We are a small team with big ideas. As we are a small team, you need to be flexible as the role will also involve other day to day duties related to the business as and when that’s required. Working for us provides an enjoyable and varied working environment. Dickins is a busy, happy, friendly office, where a sense of humour is appreciated as is the hard work of staff is appreciated. Ideas and input from staff are valued and encouraged too.
You’ll be half of the team which is responsible for:
– Growing the number and value of bookings.
– Nurturing relationships with our owners and guests.
– Ensuring the smooth running of Dickins logistical operations so that our homeowners and guests have a great experience.
– Ensuring the seamless running of our housekeeping services to 5* hotel standards.
– Keeping our homes maintained to high standards and resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
– The handover of new homes
– Inspecting our homes regularly
– Coordinating keys for guest move in and outs
Experience and Skills
To apply for this role you should be/have:
– A people person – you’ll be meeting people from all walks of life.
– Energy, initiative and a proactive, positive, can-do attitude to life – you need to find solutions not problems.
– A happy disposition and an enterprising and enthusiastic outlook – ideas you have will be valued and encouraged.
– Practical with a roll your sleeves up attitude – knowledge of property maintenance is very helpful
– A cooperative team player – we are a very small team and you need to fit in.
– Extremely organised with meticulous levels of attention to detail – lack of attention to detail will cause significant problems.
– A determination to get it right – we’re known for being great problem solvers.
– Flexible, effective and approachable – you’ll be part of a small team and need to fit in and support the rest of the team as they’ll support you.
– Confidence and the ability to resolve problems quickly and to the satisfaction of all parties.
– High standards and the ability to ensure trades we work with have high standards too – you need an eye for detail.
– The ability to stay calm under pressure – you will encounter stressful situations from time to time.
– The ability to communicate with a variety of people in a clear and concise way – we work with clients and customers from all over the world.
– The maturity to deal with a broad range of personalities
– An interest in technology and how we can use it to our best advantage
– Have at least 4 years working experience
– Live in Edinburgh
– Be part of the rota with the whole team for having the emergency out of hours phone
– Not be able to take a week long holiday from mid July to mid September
– Complete our application form. Follow this link:
Salary circa £25,000 depending on experience.
All candidates need to complete our application form. If you’d like to apply to join our Business and Operations team, please complete the application form and send it together with your CV to our Office Manager Colette Adamson
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 /year
If you are a tradesperson working in Edinburgh and would like to recommend your services to Dickins, please fill out this form and we will be in touch. Thank you.