Where to enjoy the Yummiest Pancakes in Edinburgh
Pancake Day is tomorrow and that can only mean one thing, it’s time to indulge in a stack of fluffy pancakes! However, if your pancake tossing skills leave something to be desired, why not leave it up to the experts and head along to one of Edinburgh’s lovely independent cafes! We’ve selected a range of cafes who serve up scrumptious savoury and sweet pancakes for you to try. Enjoy!
1. The Treehouse Café
- Where: 44 Leven Street (Tollcross)
- Fancy staying near Edinburgh’s beautiful Meadows and visiting the many delicious eateries near Tollcross, we have the perfect home away from home for you: 14/GF2 Panmure Place
After asking our followers on Instagram where their favourite place in Edinburgh to enjoy pancakes is, the Treehouse Cafe proved to be very popular. Located near Tollcross, this delightful cafe overlooks Bruntsfield links and specialises in pancakes. Whether you are in the mood for sweet or savoury pancakes we’re sure you’ll enjoy The Treehouse Cafe!
2. Loudons Cafe
- Where: 94b Fountainbridge
- If you’re looking to a lovely holiday home in the Fountainbridge area, we’re sure you’ll love: 93/6 Morrison Street
If you find yourself in the Fountainbridge area be sure to pop into this light and bright cafe to enjoy brunch or lunch! Another bonus is they serve up delicious fluffy pancakes. Choose from classic American Style Pancakes, Vegan Blackcurrant Pancakes, or if you’re looking for a healthy boost they also serve Superfood pancakes (pictured below)! If you happen to visit on a bright and sunny day, we recommend taking a stroll along Union Canal after you’ve enjoyed your brunch.
3. Coro the Chocolate Cafe
- Where: 13 Frederick Street (New Town)
- New Town is a wonderful and central location to stay in and we think you’ll love 54(4) Frederick Street
Tucked away on Frederick Street is Coro the Chocolate Cafe, who believe chocolate should be a fun and sharing experience and if you fancy a sweet pancake or crepe then where better to head to! If you have a massive sweet tooth, we’re sure you’ll like the super chocolately option Vanilla Ice Cream & Melted Chocolate Pancakes or if you prefer a lighter fresher option, Maple Syrup & Fresh Fruit Pancakes might be for you!
4. The Bluebird Cafe
- Where: 5 Canonmills
- Fancy staying near the Botanic Gardens and visiting the Bluebird Cafe? 1/(MD) Eildon Street is the perfect holiday home for you!
If you’ve enjoyed a morning walk at the Royal Botanic Gardens, where better to pop into to enjoy a plate of lovely fluffy pancakes then the Bluebird Cafe? Ranging from classic pancakes with maple syrup to a selection of interesting flavour combinations!
- Where: 159-161 Bruntsfield Place (Bruntsfield)
- Bruntsfield has wonderful independent shops and eateries, and we have a fantastic home for you: 75/(4) Leamington Terrace
Montpeliers is located in the heart of Bruntsfield and is an excellent spot for both breakfast and lunch. The trendy yet cosy bar/restaurant is popular amongst locals, as are their pancakes! There’s a selection of delicious pancakes to choose from, ranging from crispy bacon & maple syrup to caramelised banana with butterscotch.
- Where: The top of Middle Meadow Walk (Old Town)
- Old Town is wonderfully charming and a great place to stay when visiting: 54 (8) St Mary’s Street
Lastly, we felt we had to include Tupiniquim (even though technically they serve crepes) as their food is delicious! Branded as “Brazil in a box”, the husband and wife duo serve up sweet and savoury Brazilian crepes from a colourful green police box at the top of Middle Meadow Walk. So why not pop by on a sunny day and enjoy a crepe then a wander through the Meadows!
Featured Home: 54(4) Frederick Street (The James Craig Apartment)
The James Craig Apartment is a very comfortable, thoughtfully designed and beautifully appointed home from home ideally located in the centre of Edinburgh, a stone’s throw from all this wonderful city has to offer.