7 Edinburgh Restaurants with an Amazing View!
It’s no secret that Edinburgh is renowned for its striking buildings and breathtaking landscape. What better way to appreciate the city’s natural beauty than while you’re sitting enjoying a delicious meal with friends, family, or a special one. So, without further ado, here are 7 Edinburgh restaurants with an amazing view!
We do recommend booking in advance to secure the best seat in the house!
1. The Outsider
- Where: 15-16 George IV Bridge
- Looking to stay in Edinburgh’s historic Old Town? 206/4 Canongate might be the perfect Edinburgh holiday home for you!
Located halfway along George IV Bridge is one of our favourite restaurants, The Outsider. The restaurant has a laid-back approach to dining and uses the best fresh, seasonal produce. The best bit is, the restaurant boasts magnificient views of Edinburgh Castle and the rooftops of Old Town. Be sure to book their window table for the best views!
- Where: National Museum of Scotland, Chambers Street
- Another lovely Edinburgh short term let is 12(1F1) St Mary’s Street.
If you’ve visited the National Museum of Scotland, you may be aware of its prestigious Tower Restaurant. It’s the ideal location if you’re looking for somewhere special or romantic to dine and enjoy the best of Scottish seasonal produce. Furthermore, the restaurant has become a popular destination for visiting winemakers. The Tower’s 150 wines cover all major varieties, regions, prices, and styles with wines from fourteen countries. If that isn’t enough, their window tables overlook Chamber Street’s elegant and decorative buildings plus their outdoor terrace boasts wonderful views of Edinburgh Castle!
- Where: 33 Castle Street
- If you love a great view, we think you’ll love 75/(4) Leamington Terrace as it has a gorgeous view of Edinburgh Castle!
You’d be forgiven for overlooking this restaurant as it sits four stories above Castle Street. Its height affords it magnificent views of Edinburgh Castle and glass walls make the most of the surrounding views. It’s a wonderful place to just escape the hustle and bustle. The restaurant is inspired by Thailand, and they bring together classic Thai and distinct signature dishes, accompanied by a fantastic range of cocktails, wines and beers!
- Where: 1-3 Rutland Street
- If you’re looking for an Edinburgh short term let in Edinburgh’s West End, 11/4 Rothesay Terrace is both spacious and comfortable.
Situated in Edinburgh’s West End, Kyloe is Edinburgh’s first gourmet steak restaurant. Kyloe’s award-winning head chef John Rutter uses a selection of traditional cuts, along with some more unusual cuts chosen for their texture and flavour. While you sit back, relax, and enjoy your meal, you’ll also enjoy fantastic views of Edinburgh Castle, St John’s church, and Princes Street.
- Where: 20 Princes Street
- Edinburgh’s elegant New Town is a beautiful and central location to stay in, and we think you’ll feel very much at home at 57 North Castle Street.
Located along Princes Street, the award-winning restaurant, Twenty Princes Street is another lovely location to celebrate a special occasion or to treat yourself. The eclectic collection of dishes ensures there’s something for everyone, ranging from, a selection of fish and seafood as well as signature steak, cooked on a Josper (pronounced ‘Hosper’) grill to lock in a distinct rich, smoky flavour. If you visit during sunset, you may be fortunate enough to catch ‘golden hour’ as it illuminates the different layers of Old Town.
- Where: John Lewis, Leith Street
- If you’re looking for a centrally-located short term let Edinburgh home with fantastic views, 89/75 Holyrood Road offers wonderful views of Edinburgh’s extinct volcano, Arthur’s Seat.
Not strictly a restaurant, but, we felt we just had to include the John Lewis Cafe as it has stunning views of the north of Edinburgh, Firth of Forth, and over to Fife. Having recently undergone a refurbishment, “The Place to Eat’ has moved to the fifth floor after previously being located on the fourth floor. Now you can enjoy incredible views across the capital city through a window that spans 40 metres! It’s a lovely spot to enjoy a cuppa and a sweet treat.
- Where: 30-34 St Andrew Square
- Charming and filled with light, 20/2 Royal Crescent makes a lovely short term let Edinburgh home!
Lastly, situated on the top floor of the prestigious department store, Harvey Nichols, is the Fourth Floor Restaurant. The restaurant offers diners spectacular views of the city of Edinburgh on one side and the Firth of Forth on the other. Their dishes showcase the finest Scottish produce using modern flavours and traditional techniques. There’s also the option to enjoy afternoon tea!
Featured Home: 75/4 Leamington Terrace
Leamington Terrace is situated in a fabulous location directly opposite Bruntsfield Links. Nearby on Bruntsfield Place are some excellent local food shops, bistros, bars and cafes, so anything you need is right on your doorstep. This delightful top floor apartment has been recently refurbished to a high standard and is incredibly welcoming from the moment you step through the door. The best bit is, it also boasts fantastic views of Edinburgh Castle.