Top 6 Dog Friendly Edinburgh Pubs!
One of the many reasons we love Edinburgh is that it is so dog-friendly! The city is renowned for its outdoor green spaces – perfect for you and your pooch to enjoy a walk. In fact, we have previously collaborated with Gareth from Edinburgh Expert Walking Tours on a blog post to show you some of the top spots to go off-the-lead around Edinburgh. We understand that you don’t always want to leave your four-legged friend at home when you go out for a meal so we’ve put together 6 great dog friendly Edinburgh pubs. Enjoy!
6 Dog Friendly Edinburgh Pubs!
1. Holyrood 9A
- Where: 9a Holyrood Rd
- If you’re looking to soak up as much history as you can on your visit, where better to stay than an Edinburgh holiday home in the city’s Old Town. 11(5) Old Fishmarket Close is centrally located and the best bit is it’s dog friendly!
First, we have to mention a popular spot amongst locals and visitors alike, Holyrood 9A! The cosy, wood-panelled pub offers real ales and craft beers as well as gourmet burgers. As for your pooch, they will often provide a bowl of water and even some treats on a platter!
It even got a mention in one of our recent blog posts “Where to find Edinburgh’s Best Burgers!“, click the link to discover a few other great spots to enjoy a burger!
- Where: 20 Young Street
- If the large open streets of Edinburgh’s Georgian New Town appeal to you, we’re sure you and your four-legged friend will love 20(2) Royal Crescent!
Next, if you’re looking for a cosy, dog friendly pub in Edinburgh’s Georgian New Town, look no further than the Cambridge Bar! The stylish gastropub serves up gourmet burgers and steaks plus you can wash it all down with a good craft beer. It’s the perfect place to head to on a chillier day as you and your pooch have the option to curl up next to a roaring fire. Similar to Holyrood 9A, the pub is not only dog friendly but staff eagerly welcome any four-legged friends with a bowl of water and some treats!
- Where: 1 Grange Road
- Another fabulous dog friendly Edinburgh holiday home is 20/1 Powderhall Road.
Located in Edinburgh’s Southside, No1 the Grange is a charming bar-restaurant who offer full Scottish breakfast, soups and global main dishes. The pub is spacious which means you’ll almost always be able to get a table and there’s plenty of space for your dog to stretch out!
- Where: 42-58 Angle Park Terrace
- If you’re looking for a dog friendly Edinburgh short term let in the Fountainbridge vicinity, 86(3) Grove Street might be perfect for you!
Located a short distance from Edinburgh’s city centre, the Caley Sample Room is a cosy, rustic gastropub. Visitors will no doubt enjoy their fresh dishes which only use high quality and locally-sourced ingredients. Four-legged friends will also be spoilt for choice as they also have a fun dog menu! The menu includes water, Pedigree Biscrok Milky biscuits, and Vitacreaft Beek Sticks which are all free with the option of buying a Snuffle dog “beer” for only £2! They even have a Dog of the Month gallery on their website – you never know, your dog may appear on it soon!
- Where: 2-6 Raeburn Place
- We can’t think of a lovelier area for you and your pooch to stay in than Stockbridge! There are plenty of places to go for a walk, such as the Water of Leith walkway and the Inverleith Park. We think you’ll love 9a(4) Leslie Place.
The Stockbridge Tap is a cozy, laid-back neighborhood hangout located in vibrant Raeburn Place! You can except delicious burgers as well as familiar pub fare, plus beer on tap. Dogs will always be offered a dish of water and perhaps even a ball to play with too!
6. The OX
- Where: 49-51 London Street
- Another gorgeous, dog friendly New Town Edinburgh holiday let is 18/1 Northumberland Street.
Last, but certainly not least, the OX is located at the bottom of vibrant Broughton Street and is another fabulous Edinburgh gastropub. They are not only known for their scrumptious Sunday roasts but also renowned for being very dog friendly! Your furry friend can expect to receive a water bowl and some dog biscuits!
Featured Home: 20/2 Royal Crescent
Charming and filled with light, 20/2 Royal Crescent is just one of our gorgeous dog friendly Edinburgh apartments! The holiday home has three bedrooms and is located on the first floor of a Georgian New Town building on Royal Crescent. We think this will make a lovely holiday home for both you and your pooch!