Can to Candle: Hand Poured Luxury Candles!
Edinburgh has a plethora of fantastic independent businesses who proudly show off their artisan, handmade and often-bespoke products! This month, we’re very excited to share one brand in particular with you, Can to Candle! Kerry from Can to Candle creates a range of wonderful hand poured luxury soy candles, including; Scented Candles, Aromatherapy Candles, Wax Melts, Pine Cone Firelighters, Reclaimed Candles, Personalised Candles, as well as running fabulous Candle Making Workshops! If you’re interested in having a look at her products, she has an online shop.
The best way to tell you more about this fabulous business is to let the lovely Kerry take over. So keep reading to learn about the story behind Can to Candle and to find out how to enter our competition where you can win a gift voucher to a candle making workshop worth £45 that Can to Candle is very kindly giving away (Competition now closed)!
1. What was the inspiration behind Can to Candle and how did it all get started?
It all started with Pinterest where I saw citronella candles made in old Heinz cans, I wanted to create quirky candles in cans using recycled cans.
2. Where do you find inspiration for the beautiful fragrances?
The inspiration for fragrances comes from my workshop students, I like to have a fragrance for everyone’s taste, I quite often ask them what they would like to see. As a result, I stock citrus, woody, musky scents.
3. What does a typical working day look like for you?
Early mornings are spent doing paperwork, answering emails. Late mornings are spent packaging the online orders and posting. After lunch is when I plan the candle making workshops. Mondays I set aside for candle making.
4. What are your 3 top sellers at the moment?
- Black Plum & Rhubarb (A vibrant fruity accord of juicy black plum and fresh rhubarb supported with interludes of ripe pear and sweet peach.)
- Fireside (An intensely rich and full aroma with top notes of bergamot, lemon leaf and warming spices, enhanced by fresh eucalyptus, tender lavender and summer geranium.)
- Sea Salt & Driftwood (Revitalizing and earthy, this scent embodies the misty ocean air with notes of flaked sea salt, musky driftwood and with base notes of marine minerals.)
5. What does 2018 have in store for Can to Candle?
2018 is going to be very exciting, I will be doing candle making workshops at The Restoration Yard in Dalkeith, we will be at the Highland Show this year and also Country Living Fair in Glasgow. A range of aromatherapy candles has just been launched as well.
6. We’re all about Edinburgh, so we’d love to know what your perfect Edinburgh day would entail?
The perfect day would be a browse around the galleries, followed by a wander through Stockbridge market finishing up with a fish and chips at L’Alba Doro.
Competition Now Closed
Win a Can to Candle Workshop Voucher (worth £45)!
The competition runs from noon on Monday the 19th of February until midnight on Sunday the 25th of February 2018. The giveaway is open to everybody over 18 in the UK. We will pick the winner within 24 hours after the competition has ended and contact the lucky person through the social media platform they have used to enter the giveaway. This promotion is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Competition Now Closed
To be in with a chance to win choose from the options below:
2. Follow Dickins on Twitter and retweet one of the competition tweets on the Dickins Twitter account.
Make sure you follow us on social media so you don’t miss out on our monthly giveaways!